Tindall Security complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and treats the privacy of its customers and others with care and respect, and we take appropriate measures to safeguard their personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when you connect with us (via website, in-person or via E-Newsletter etc), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy periodically by updating this statement. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your residential address, your business address, telephone numbers and email address.
- The name and contact details of key-holders who act on your behalf.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- CCTV system IP addresses.
WHY WE MAY COLLECT YOUR DATA
To enable us to provide the service you have enquired about, subsequently contracted to accept or to enable us to contact you to provide assistance in managing your security system.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for maintenance and monitoring of installed systems.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to provide external services relating to your security system such as response to activations by the police or fire and rescue service.
- To enable CCTV systems to operate correctly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These include password protected computer screens and locked cabinets for hard copy documentation.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Consequently, such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at their privacy statements applicable to the website in question.
At your request, you have the right to:
- Access your personal information that we hold. We aim to provide this within one week of your written request. Note, we may require you to provide personal ID evidence.
- Have your personal information rectified if there is an error.
- Have your personal information erased should we no longer have a contractual relationship for service or maintenance.
- Opt-out from receiving our communications.
If you choose to exercise any of your rights above, please send the details of what you require to the Managing Director at Tindall Security Ltd, Unit 8, Mead Business Centre, Mead Lane, Hertford, SG13 7BJ.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Your personal data will be deleted within one month whenever a contract for service is terminated. However, anonymous information relating to the security installation such as visit records and specifications may be held in archive should you subsequently decide to re-engage with us in the future.
You may request details of your personal information, which we hold under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for which there may be a small fee.
If you believe that your personal data has been compromised, or you wish to raise a complaint, please write to us at the address above where we will investigate with the aim of providing an initial response to you within three working days.
If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with any complaint in relation to the use of your personal information you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, 0303 1231113 or at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.